Monday, January 26

Monday, January 26, 2009

We woke up around our usual time on the weekdays and it felt good not to have worry about running down into town to walk my parents dog before having to go to work! Walked my pups this morning after getting up around 9 - I don't have to go to work until 10, but when my mom is gone I go to work earlier so I can get the paperwork out for the store before it has to open. There was a soft powdery snow falling softly from the sky, but an hour later when I got ready to head to work it had cleared up and there was about an inch of powder-snow on everything. The temps are hanging out around freezing, but should warm up a bit throughout the day.

Nothing much happened this morning in the office. I forgot my laptop at home, but that didn't keep me from getting work done. I hooked up my mom's new battery back-up for her computer. The one she had was so old that the battery needed replacement and the company didn't make that model any more. So I was able to send in and replace the old one with a newer model, they gave a percentage off for recycling the old one. After re hooking everything up and getting out of my mom's way, she was able to get payroll done. Cashed some town people's payroll checks, I need to start working on the next store order and have it out of the office by Wednesday - won't be much this time, we're pretty stocked from the last freighter. The first scheduled flight made it in just before lunch, a little bit of mail.

I didn't really eat lunch today, didn't feel to hungry after having a bagel with cream cheese just before lunch. My hubby went for a can of Dinty Moore Beef Stew.

Checked the mail after lunch. The store got in some of the Valentine's Day merchandise that I ordered like 5-6 months ago. Boxed candy, teddy bears and roses made from feathers. They should be a hit with the Trident employees, we'll see.... The afternoon went by pretty fast, the second flight should be arriving around the time I get off work today. The weather actually stayed clear all day, but cloudy. The snow we got this morning turned into slush on the boardwalks, pretty slippery. I got us ribeye steaks, potatoes, and corn on the cob for dinner tonight, maybe enjoy it with a glass of white zin. Other than that not much planned for tonight, see what's on TV I guess and wait till tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know what you think... comment here: