Monday, July 6

Monday, July 6, 2009

Darn it… another windy day… really windy! It’s blowing at least 35-40MPH gusting higher at times, the water in the harbor has about a 3-4 foot “chop” with every wave having a white top, and these huge waves crashing on the beach. Doesn’t look like a day for a plane or fireworks….

Walked the dogs, and then went inside. I called down to the office and asked my mom if I needed to come in today or not since it’s not really worth coming in for one day in the pay week and getting that small a check. Since I knew I got everything done up on Thursday I knew she didn’t really need me today… unless….uh oh - I shouldn’t even have thought about it…. The Printer… then guess who calls? My mom… saying the printer wasn’t working… just great! I tried to talk it over with her on the phone, but that didn’t work. So I ran down there and got it working in less than 5 mins. I decided to stick around and wait for her to print the payroll checks.

After helping my mom, I came back home and worked out on my Wii Fit once again! Feels good to know I’m doing something good for myself by getting to a healthy weight!

For lunch we heated up some big slices of halibut fish pie. I love mine with lots and lots of ketchup. Fish pie is pie dough in a pan, then a layer of cooked white rice, then a layer of chopped boiled eggs, then a layer of onions, then the halibut, then reversing the layers you just did (onions, eggs, rice this time then the pie dough cover). Bake for an hour at 350F, cool a bit, cut then enjoy! For dinner we went to the café and I had an egg flower soup with a side of onion rings, and my hubby had a chicken burger.

This afternoon we got our suitcases packed up, went to the City office and paid for this month’s cable and got $60 in electric (should be plenty for the next month or so!). I think we’re ready to go if the plane ever comes in now… just hoping the weather calms down soon!

Oh then I found out that my internet at home is back on… but it’s cutting in and out so it might still be having problems…. But at least I know I can get on at home again! (Yay!).

I’ve been keep tracks of my steps for the “Happy Feet” program. I forgot to write my steps for the last couple days. It’s so hard to get over 10K steps, I don’t know how some people do it! We started on the 1st of the month, where I walked 4325 that day. The 2nd I walked 5073 steps. The 3rd I walked 4748 steps, on the 4th 4291, and yesterday the 5th was 3211 steps. So far today at 9:30 I walked 3611 steps. I need to get out and walk some more!!

Well until sometime (if the weather permits us, we should be leaving tomorrow and will be back in a little over a week, so if you don’t hear from me, don’t worry!) TTFN!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know what you think... comment here: