Saturday, March 14

Saturday, March 14, 2009

Well woke up to the phone ringing this morning. I was still hugging my pillow when I finally answered the phone… IT WAS CB!!! YAY! I don’t mind that he’s waking me up! His friendly voice is nothing I can ever get mad at! He was at the store picking up my neighbor’s birthday brisket and going to drop it off at the airport for me to be delivered. Unfortunately the plane never came in today, I guess they didn’t like the little 5MPH breeze from the NW here in our harbor. So plan B… The tug Gyrfalcon should be bringing the barge back hopefully this weekend sometime (weather permitting), so the brisket will be traveling on the Bering Sea here soon! This barge callout, which we didn’t get yet, is going to be Raymond first, and then my hubby, my bro is sitting this one out and waiting for the next barge after this one.

We didn’t do to much today. We went down and had lunch at the café. I had my usual French dip and the hubby had breakfast (scrambled eggs, ham, toast, hash browns). There is a good dusting of snow on the hills, snow squalls moving thru every couple hours, but other than that, pretty much clear out. It’s been about 34F, but it feels much colder than that.

I cleaned and dusted our room a bit. We checked our mail earlier when we went to the café, got a handful of magazines and my Petco order. :) Spoiled pups! We went to the store and get everything for dinner. Going to cook up hamburger meat with spices and onions and make onion gravy and have that all over rice… maybe throw a handful of corn in the meat/gravy mix. A simple dinner in that I can whip out in less than 25 mins! I like to use garlic pepper, lemon pepper, Johnny seasoning, oregano, thyme, basil, onion powder, and a little bit of Worcestershire sauce. I chopped an onion and added half, I’ll add half at the end so I have some that are crisp still!

Other than sitting around watching TV, we don’t have much planned for tonight. I got a call from my little sister; she finally got the diapers we ordered for her! My hubby is my niece’s god father (Krusna-dad) and he likes to send her stuff, just like how I like to send my godchild stuff! We try to spoil them and surprise my sisters with gifts for the girls! We borrowed some movies from my cousin, we watched Max Payne earlier, pretty good movie. Lake View Terrace we pretty weird, wasn’t what I was expecting, but then I didn’t know what to expect. Every time I hear Samuel L Jackson’s voice, I think of Officer Ten Penny off GTA: San Andreas. Pretty funny that he played a crooked cop in that movie just like in that game! Oh GTA:SA is a ps2 game!! I got Beverly Hills Chihuahua in the other day, FINALLY… we watched it in theaters last November, but I watched the DVD as soon as I got it in!

So we’re just going to relax and sit around with our pups. Wait around for the call from the Gyrfalcon for the barge call out, hopefully the weather moves quickly and clears back up so they can make it over here before the 17th! Right now at 8:40PM the brisket should be safely stored in a cool area on the tug, fatefully awaiting the boiling pot of water on St. Patty’s Day (hopefully). Again thanks a lot CB for everything you do, I’ve never really met anyone like you before. And I’m really happy that I was able to find you on here and become great friends! Too bad we can’t hand out because we’re on different islands!

Well I hope everyone is enjoying their Saturday night! I am going to stay up and watch TV until we get bored, and then eventually go to sleep… :P TTFN!

How sad.. here is our weather forecast:
EASTERN ALEUTIANS CAPE SARICHEF TO NIKOLSKI
400 PM AKDT SAT MAR 14 2009

...GALE WARNING THROUGH SUNDAY NIGHT...
.TONIGHT...NW WIND 30 KT INCREASING TO 40 KT AFTER MIDNIGHT. SEAS
BUILDING TO 13 FT.
.SUN...NW WIND 40 KT. SEAS 14 FT. FREEZING SPRAY.
.SUN NIGHT...N WIND 35 KT. SEAS 14 FT. FREEZING SPRAY.
.MON...NE WIND 25 KT. SEAS 11 FT.
.MON NIGHT...N WIND 30 KT. SEAS 12 FT.
.TUE AND WED...N WIND 30 KT. SEAS 13 FT.
.THU...NW WIND 25 KT. SEAS 11 FT.

1 comment:

  1. Looks like we have a cold and Windy Week ahead of us! Maybe this is that Last snowstorm of the season I have been waiting for!!!
    BTW, I sent you TWO briskets, so there is one for you too...or an extra one for them!
    Have a Great St. Pat's!!

    ReplyDelete

Please let me know what you think... comment here: