Monday, May 31

Monday, May 31, 2010

Happy Memorial Day!! Please remember to thank those who have served for our great country.

I can't believe how fast the days are going by. It doesn't feel like it's been since the 9th that I last wrote my last blog.

Well my hubby turned 27 on the 14th. The weather has been on the chilly side with a side of fog and rain. The island is slowly turning green. Yesterday 30 sea gull eggs were harvested from Akun Head! I got to make my first custard pie of the year and it turned out awesome!!

I'm slowly getting everything I ordered for my August wedding in the mail. I have to figure out what else I need to get. Patiently waiting for my invitations to get here so I can get them out. I ordered them around the beginning of the month and they still aren't here... wish we had more flyable days... The temps have been averaging in the the mid 40's lately, while the rest of the state is having a heat wave...

The state ferry Tustemena came on the 29th. We had a couple people head out for a couple weeks to visit family. I'm debating when to go to Dutch Harbor and hoard up some champagne for my wedding... I asked CB to price it for me so I know how much I want to spend on it... of course for me I'm getting sparkling apple cider since I'm breastfeeding. My in-laws are supposed to be hosting a bbq tonight with their neighbors, so I figured I'd make and bring some corn bread muffins to share. That's if the rain decides to go away. Been raining/misty for a couple days now.

I finally got my wedding invitations in today so that'll give me something to do. I have 125 cards to fold, envelope and address then get in the mail hopefully tomorrow!! Surprised the plane flew today, that's a good thing though. Bringing over all the mail and freight before all the fish processors start to flood the island!

Veronika has been growing like a beanstalk. She no longer fits newborn clothes and her 0-3 month clothes are getting a bit snug on her. So I'm moving her into her 3 month and 3-6 month clothes. I just ordered her some 3-6 and 6 month clothes, that was fun shopping for her online!! She officially out of her newborn diapers and into her #1 diapers! So sad to see them grow so quickly, almost wish they could stay small for longer but they have to grow up eventually!! She's such a great baby. She only cries for when shes wants to eat, if shes wet or when she's tired. She likes to fight her sleep, just like her cousin Aaliyah did (my younger sister Ivy's baby girl). She's cooing and saying ah-goo now, it's so cute. I love how she smiles back when she's smiled at and her cute little giggle when she finds things funny. She loves her swing that her Krusnamom (godmother) gave to her!! She does so great with me at work too, which I'm relieved about!! Both sets of grandparents spend lots of time with her, which makes me so happy!!

The pups have been taking to her greatly too. Cali and Roscoe take turns sleeping next to her when they can. Dante still gets a little jealous because he thinks he's the baby since he's the smallest, but he hasn't done anything aggressive towards her, thank god! I don't think he will be mean or anything to her, just tries to wiggle in and get some attention too. We make sure to spend lots of time with our pups as well as the baby so they know that we didn't forget about them!

Well I hope that our weather warms up more than it has and let us get some sunny days like the rest of the state!! The island is slowly turning green but it's still mostly brown. I'm happy that we were able to mow our lawn the other day for the first time this year! Its been about a week now and it looks like the next dry day we're going to have to trim it again! Happy that we get to borrow my parents lawn mower. Maybe we'll get our own someday :P

Well I hope everyone is doing great!! Until next time TTFN!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know what you think... comment here: