Sunday, May 31

Saturday, May 30, 2009

Well the ferry came in early this morning, heard it was a little late... not sure who all went over. The weather is still foggy/rainy, my yard is looking great! I was excited to see someone who means a lot to both my hubby and I (my hubby's aunt Diane), she happened to come down to bring her youngest daughter down to her ex-hubby and take her oldest daughter back with her! I haven't seen her in almost 2 years!!! I was so happy to see her! We ran down to the steam bath and started it up - hoping that there would be enough time for her to take a "steam" before the ferry comes back from Dutch Harbor then heading North.

I got the paperwork out for the store for the day, then we got bath started. My hubby cut wood as I started the fire, scrubbed the hot water containers down and rearranged some of the rocks. Then he got me boiling water and I bleached and scrubbed the whole inside of the bath out, making sure I didn't miss any spots! With in the hour, bath was ready. I kept feeding the fire a good amount of dry wood to get it about 160+F degrees in the bath house without even splashing water on the stove/rocks!! NICE and HOT!! By 4PM bath was ready (we had to wait for the rugs to get done drying), we called Aunty Diane and told her hot bath just for her!!! We went after she did. When we got out, the ferry was just coming in the bay. So we headed down to the dock to see everyone who is leaving off!

My hubby has agreed to watch my cousin's dog and house while he's gone fishing. There were a good amount of people who left on the ferry heading up to either Sand Point or Chignik for fishing. Too bad it had to be heavily raining that mist, everybody got soaked if they even just stepped out into the mist! The ferry wasn't here that long, after the ferry took off we drove home. The temps are in the low 50's and high 40's, even in the rain. The island is slowly turning green, and the salmonberry bushes are pushing buds out and flowers on some branches!

Still no planes yet due to the fog.

Ok well until tomorrow, TTFN

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know what you think... comment here: